Monday, September 27, 2010

The Announcement

So I have told my friends my idea about 30 before 30. I received a few "are you crazy" looks and a few "good idea" nods.

In a recent phone conversation I tell Marine about my list. Marine is supportive and asks what I have on my list so far.

I excitedly tell him what I have on my work-in-progress list.

Marine is no dummy and realizes that parts of this list are going to impact incorporate his cooperation.

"Please tell me your not wanting me to do the hot air balloon with you......" He states.

"Ummmmm....... well I hadn't really thought about it," I ponder, "But yeah I guess I kinda figured you would."

Have I ever mentioned Marine is a big wuss afraid of heights?

"I think I might have to stay on the ground and watch that one."

"What? Come on this can help you get over your fear!" I encourage.

He laughs.

"If you can jump out of a plane you can do this." I state matter of fact, "besides it just goes up and down so technically it's not even a ride."

"I've never jumped out of a plane."

"You haven't?" I sound surprised.

"No............. what made you think I had?" He laughs.

This is kinda what pops in my head:

{ Photo taken from Google Images }

"I thought thats something you have to do in the military. Jump out of planes every once in awhile."

"No babe, I've never jumped out of a plane."

"Oh ok. Well a balloon ride will be a great place to start." 

He laughs cause he knows he'll end up doing it but I bet he's half dreading my 30 before 30 grand idea. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Match said...

ugh, I'm with Marine. Deathly afraid of heights!