Friday, October 15, 2010

Dear GMA ~ Advice Guru Found

So today I get to cross one thing off my list:


Apply For A Job I Want Even If I Think There's No Way I'll Get It

That's right I applied for a job that there is slim chance I will ever hear back about. I applied for the Good Morning America (GMA) Advice Guru.

I had been thinking about my answers for the past couple days. Thinking about what to say and better yet how to say it.

I should have filled out the application days ago but with Marine being on leave I've really not had much spare time on my hands.

Besides I tend to think I work better under pressure anyway.

Today (well yesterday seeing as it's 12:10 a.m.) was the last day. All entries had to be in by midnight.

I tried first thing this morning.

No avail.

I tried to upload my information during my lunch break.Computer decides to spaz on me.

After work I rushed to the barn to feed horses thinking that I could squeeze in time before my evening plans.

Nope. Didn't happen.

Marine and I were going out to diner and a movie with friends.

The whole diner I am sitting there thinking to myself of ways to make sure I applied in time.

At 11:30 I was able to turn on my computer and start copy and pasting my answers into the slots.

I read my essay one final time.

And as the clock strikes 11:59 p.m. I hit SUBMIT.

I wait for a confirmation.

For something.

All I get is a blank page.

Did it take my application?

Am I able to cross something off list??

I don't know. Maybe I'll never know.

But at least I had the guts to try in the first place. And my fingers are crossed that maybe, just maybe, my application did go thru.

I mean really --- wouldn't that be about the coolest job ever?!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE the concept of your blog. LOVE. Did I say I LOVE it? I do. And yes, that would be the coolest job ever. I hope you get it! Thanks for swinging by my corner of the blogosphere!

Mrs. Match said...

Love the idea of being an advice guru. What a cool job! Good for you for going for it.

E said...

Thanks girls! I never heard from them... but hey at least I tried :)