Monday, January 10, 2011

Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman

I am working diligently on my list. 

Ok maybe that's a lie. Ok maybe not.

School has consumed my life these past few weeks it seems!! So I am well on my way to crossing "Web Design Certificate off my list". Only a few more classes to go!

Also I've added a few new things to the list and crossed off one. 

I recently added and crossed off "Take a Flight By Myself". 

Kinda silly, I know. And it didn't dawn on my until it was something I was about to do, but taking a flight by yourself seems like a really grown up thing to do. And... well.... let's face it someday's I really don't feel like an adult. More often that not I feel like the old Brittany Spear's song, "Not a girl, not yet a Woman".

Why is that? Maybe it's denial of getting older and still wanting to hold on to my youth.

This isn't the place for me to psycho-analyze myself though so let me get back to the point.

As I said my goodbye's to Marine and headed for the gate I felt very self-assured and confident. Despite the fact this was only my second time flying. 

Yes I did say second time. 

Despite what my friends seem to think, I'm not scared of flying. In fact I think taking off is quite thrilling and no matter how many times I do fly I don't think I'll ever loose that fascination I feel as the plane leaves the runaway and launches into the sky. Nor will I ever loose that sense of relief when the wheels touch down.

I admit though I was a little nervous that I had a lay-over and connecting flight. I mean we all know how my luck goes and I really don't think anybody would be surprised if I somehow got lost and ended up on the wrong flight.

But no I was to paranoid for that and checked my ticket probably at least 4 times before I actually boarded the second flight.

So technically I took 2 flights by myself. I am an official adult. Or a 13 year old kid with divorced parents in different states


1 comment:

Laura said...

Found your blog through someone else's. I, too, am working on my 30 before 30 list. And flying alone is awesome! I flew to Greece by myself (first international flight) and I was totally nervous!